We are open 10a – 11p, Monday – Sunday. We utilize a demand-driven — or a participant-driven — model; this means we don’t travel around West Tennessee doing outreach, trying to find people who need clean syringes, naloxone, or other harm reduction supplies. Rather, we wait for people in need of our services to reach out to us and request supplies. We utilize this service model to better match how state-approved Syringe Services Programs (SSPs) are required to operate here in Tennessee.
Here’s how our program works:
- Contact us. Reach out to us via our Tennessee Harm Reduction Hotline at (731) 803-0362 — text or call — or our website’s Contact page. Social media and email also work (see the social icons immediately below this list).
- We’ll arrange a neutral, public meeting site somewhere in North Jackson. We pick the location. We always select well-lit, safe locations. We do not deliver to you.
- Contact us when you arrive at the meeting site.* At first, we didn’t require participants to show up first, but after we kept having to wait on participants, we changed our rules. Contact us when you get there and we’ll be there in a few minutes. We promise not to keep you waiting.
- We’ll show up at the site. We’re not pulling up in a big, neon yellow van with huge decals that read “FREE SYRINGES! COME ONE, COME ALL!” — we’re discreet and use a regular vehicle, just like you.
- IF YOU CAN AFFORD IT, PLEASE DONATE!† We stay open 13 hours a day, every day. For you. We don’t get paid to do this. Nobody pays our gas. We don’t drive a “company” vehicle. We are 100% unfunded, meaning we receive absolutely zero money to provide our services. Please donate if you can.
- Get the supplies and dip. It’s time to get your supplies. We put your supplies in a Walmart bag for added privacy. You can stay and talk, should you have any questions, or leave as soon as you get what you came for.
- If you’re ready, contact us!
Note *: We stop taking requests at 10:45 pm. Please be at the meet-up location and ready for us by 10:45 pm, or we will not be able to satisfy your request until the next day.
Note †: We have never asked participants for donations before, but as of September 28, 2022, we have to — there’s no way around it. That said, we just started applying for funding earlier this month. Getting 501(c)(3) status — which we got in June — now allows us to apply for grant funding. As soon as we receive funding, we will stop asking participants for donations.
Current Supplies in Stock
(Updated Sunday, October 2, 2022)
Syringes (3 kinds, 2 “shorts”, 1 “long”)
• EasyTouch® Insulin Syringes, 31G, 1 mL, 5/16″ (a.k.a. “shorts”)
• EasyTouch® Insulin Syringes, 30G, 1 mL, 5/16″ (a.k.a. “shorts”) (Out of stock)
• EasyTouch® Insulin Syringes, 30G, 1 mL, 1/2″ (a.k.a. “longs”)
Note: For help understanding what syringe sizes mean and how to read them, check out our guide “Understanding Syringes“.
Naloxone (2 kinds)
• Intramuscular (IM) injection naloxone kits (#2 25G, 3 mL, 1″ syringes + #3 naloxone vials (0.4 mg/mL, 1 mL))
• NARCAN® (naloxone HCl) Nasal Spray, 4 mg
• Cookers (aluminum, no handle)
• Alcohol swabs
• Cotton (Out of stock)
Fentanyl test strips (Out of stock)